"We invite you to be a part of the change!"
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope you are able to learn more about what we do in APAMSA and feel motivated to join us in our initiatives.
Since 1995, the Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association has been advocating for the health of Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities in our country. Our efforts are focused on advocacy, community outreach, research initiatives, chronic hepatitis B/C, bone marrow registry, mental health, cancer initiatives, and cross-cultural and cross-linguistic barriers to care. We are also expanding our relationships with alumni/physicians, pre-graduate and allied health students, and partnering student organizations.
As the only student organization focusing on AAPI health issues in our community, our members are passionate and fiercely dedicated to serving others. All too often, AAPI issues are left out of the picture — even when it comes to conversations about diversity. This does not have to be the case. We invite you to be a part of the change! At the pre-graduate, graduate, and post-graduate level, you are welcome to:
- Join us and learn more at our annual Hepatitis Conference, annual National Conference, or any of our annual Regional Conferences
- Take up leadership at your chapter or beyond
- Participate in the conversation about mental health
- Make use of Medical Mandarin and health screening resources for your event
- Start a new chapter
- Get in touch with our alumni to arrange for mentorship opportunities
- Participate in writing our national Resolutions to advocate for AAPI rights
- Follow us on Facebook to stay updated with our events and connect with others
- Read our newsletters for members only opportunities you can participate in
Thank you for your time and commitment to our cause!